#SaveAfricanHistory (#SAH) is an initiative of Diasfunds Africa Ltd (“Diasfunds,” “we,” ”us,” ”our,”); a limited liability company incorporated and headquartered in Nigeria. Its goal is to digitise Africa’s cultural heritage for development.
Your Personal Data
This is information that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Information we collect and use
We collect your personal data when you sign up for the #SAH newsletter, and when you provide your personal information at any #SAH event.
How long we hold your Personal Data
We only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to realise the purpose(s) it was collected for and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
How we use your Personal Data
- We may use your personal information to fulfil your requests for information and services, such as sending you the #SAH newsletters and details of #SAH events.
- We may also use your personal data to inform you of other Diasfunds initiatives that may be of interest to you. However, if you do not consent to our use of your personal data for this purpose, you can always opt-out at any time.
In any event, we will only use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained.
Sharing your Personal Data
We will never sell your personal data.
We may make certain personal information available to our partners who work with us on the #SAH initiative, but we will retain full responsibility for your personal data as the data controller. Information will only be shared with our partners to improve your #SAH website/event experience; it will not be shared for third party marketing purposes.
In the event of a reorganisation, merger or sale of Diasfunds, we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Data storage and processing
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information. We may contract specialist companies to store and process data for us, but we will only allow them to do so if your data is adequately protected.
- You have the right to be notified, in the event of a data breach, within seventy-two hours of our becoming aware of said breach.
- You have the right to have any incorrect/inchoate personal data amended;
- You have the right to direct that your personal data held by us be erased, and further dissemination of your data be ceased, and potentially have third parties engaged by us halt processing of your data;
- You have the right to know whether we hold your personal data and, if we do, to be sent a copy of the personal data that we hold about you within one month of a request by yourselves;
- You have the right to object to your personal data being used for marketing or profiling;
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed, where and for what purpose(s). In addition, you have the right to be given a copy of the personal data that you have provided to us (and which we processed automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract) in a common electronic format for your re-use, free of charge.
However, it should be noted that there are some exceptions to the rights above. While we will always try to respond to any instructions you may give us about our handling of your personal information, there may be situations where we are unable to meet your requirements in full.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Links to other sites
The #SAH website and associated products and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. The #SAH website and associated products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally
Cookies enable you to personalise your experience on our website, tell us which parts of our website people have visited, help us measure the effectiveness of ads and web searches, and give us insights into user behaviour so that we can improve our products and communications. Cookies can consist of “session cookies” that enable the website to ‘remember’ you for the duration of your session and “persistent cookies” that activate any time you visit the particular website that created the cookie.
Cookies used on the #SAH website
The cookies used on the #SAH website have been categorised based on the guidelines found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. We use the following types of cookies on our website and online services:
Strictly necessary cookies
These types of cookies are essential to enable you browse around the #SAH website and use its features. Your Consent is not required for these types of cookies.
These types of cookies collect information about how you use the #SAH website, for example, your favourite pages. This data may be used to optimise the #SAH website to make it easier for you to navigate. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to our website from an affiliate website. These types of cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. By using the #SAH website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These types of cookies allow the #SAH website remember the choices you make while browsing. For instance, we may remember preferences such as text size, fonts, and other customisable elements. They may also be used to keep track of what featured images or videos you viewed to avoid repetition. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using the #SAH website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These types of cookies register visits to the #SAH website, the pages you have visited and links you have followed. They are used to deliver content that is most relevant to your interests. They remember that you have visited our website, and this information is shared with other organisations. By using the #SAH website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Third party cookies
We engage the services of the companies listed below for the #SAH website. By using our website you acknowledge that we may allow these companies to set cookies, using our website, in order to deliver their services. You can visit their websites for more information about the types of cookies they use, as well as their privacy policies.
You can block cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, if you do so, some features of the #SAH website may not be available to you, and some web pages may not display properly.
Visit All About Cookies and the following webpages for information on disabling cookies on popular web browsers:
If you have concerns about a particular cookie set by the #SAH website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a link to the page on which the cookie is set.